To say I am increasingly forgetful is a bit of an understatement. I’m quite sure it is not a ‘Still Alice’ situation, but I really am a space shot sometimes.
Like with today’s music.
Mickey Valen got in touch with me in June of 2014.
He sent me his remix of Say Lou Lou’s single “Everything We Touch”. It was great. I asked him for a recipe request. Crumb Cake. Okay. Crumb Cake it is.
Then I forgot and the email got buried under 1 1/2 years of other emails.
But I remembered and made a crumb cake for him the other day.
Then I forgot and paired the cake with another musician.
**bangs head against wall**
So, I thought some sweet Apple Cinnamon Muffins might be a good substitute especially since they are amazing. Moist cinnamon perfumed cake packed with apples and topped with a nutty topping is a rival to the best coffee cake out there.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together the egg and milk. Stir in chopped apple and melted butter. Add to flour mixture and stir just until mixed (batter will be very stiff).
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
5. Mix chopped nuts, brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon to make topping. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
6. Bake muffins 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and serve warm.
Makes 12 muffins
Recipe from Mr. Food
All this time later, here is Mickey Valen’s remix. So sorry I kept you (and Mickey) waiting. Enjoy…it’s a good one and sure to make your day better.
Don’t forget to check out Mickey Valen on Facebook. You can buy the music here.