Need a sweet treat? Seems to be the time of year when everyone does to keep fueled for all of the end of school madness.
Blonde Brownies will give you a sugar boost in every buttery, chocolatety, nutty bite.
2 cups flour
2/3 cup butter, melted
2 cups light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Let cool for a few minutes.
3. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture.
5. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. (Batter will be stiff.)
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan. (If desired, sprinkle more nuts and chocolate chips on top).
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until tester inserted in center has moist crumbs attached. Let cool then cut into squares.
Recipe from Relish
Fiery Crash aka Josh Jackson has a new album out titled ‘In Clover’. It’s a collection of mostly quiet, sometimes spiritual songs tinged with sadness.
“The Divorce” is my favorite of the bunch. I love the pained edge to Josh’s voice. I cringe with every “Oh Honey”.