Can I interest you in some pie?
I know that I have some hard core peanut butter fans out there judging by the popularity of the peanut butter dessert recipes I post. So, if peanut butter is your thing, I think you’ll like this pie.
Today’s Peanut Butter And Pudding Pie stands out from others in that it has a press in crust, which is not only super easy but meltingly tender. The peanut butter flavor comes from crumbles of peanut butter mixed with powdered sugar. Really innovative. Add thick layers of vanilla pudding and whipped topping and you have some serious comfort food to feed your sweet tooth.
Ingredients for crust:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp milk
Ingredients for filling:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 (5.3-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups milk
8 oz frozen whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
2. Blend all crust ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon and press into prepared pan. Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until brown. Remove and allow to cool.
3. For filling, using a fork, mix peanut butter and confectioner’s sugar until crumbly.
4. Sprinkle peanut butter mixture into bottom of baked pie shell, reserving a tablespoon for garnish.
5. Beat pudding mix with milk for 2 minutes, using an electric mixer. Pour on top of peanut butter mixture. Spread with whipped topping.
6. Sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Recipe from The Lady & Sons Just Desserts Cookbook
Being a hard core runner, I was attracted to ‘Ran Ran Run’ just by the title. The dreamy, ethereal feel tacked onto the quickstep beat sealed the deal. Major auditory attraction.