With only 8 minutes of prep time required, this is one of the quickest slow cooker recipes out there. (Nice oxymoron, eh?)
Even if you shudder at the thought of using canned soup, it makes a nice base here and is transformed with the addition of the sour cream and cheddar. What you get is tender chicken and vegetables in a silky, flavorful sauce.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken
1 lb chicken tenderloins or boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 (10 oz) cans of cream of chicken soup
⅔ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Assorted vegetables such as baby carrots, broccoli florets and cauliflower florets
Pepper, to taste
Egg noodles, to serve
1. In a slow cooker combine soup, sour cream, garlic, cheese and pepper.
2. Add chicken to slow cooker and toss to cover with the soup mixture. Scatter vegetables on top.
3. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
4. When nearly ready to serve, prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
5. Stir the chicken and vegetables in slow cooker. Serve over egg noodles.
Recipe from Platter Talk
First listen…Instant love. Those guitars. That stuttered beat. The cool vocals. Awesome.
Check out The Goldhearts on Facebook. You can learn of upcoming gigs in Australia on Soundcloud.