Yo! We are entering fantastic territory with this easy slow cooker recipe. Just a few ingredients make a sweet and tangy Teriyaki sauce that thickly coats tender chicken thighs.
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons cold water
Hot cooked rice, to serve
Sliced green onion and sesame seeds to garnish, optional
1. Place chicken in slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over chicken.
3. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
4. Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
5. Transfer cooking juices to a small saucepan and skim fat. Bring cooking juices to a boil.
6. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth then stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Serve sauce over chicken and rice. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds if you like.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
The first few seconds of ‘Before You Begin’ gives me chills. It’s a beautiful song with gorgeous piano under haunting vocals.
“I’m no one going nowhere”