This is the best Alfredo sauce I have ever had.
Cream cheese gives the sauce a silky thickness and there is just the right balance of garlic, butter and Parmesan. I could have poured the sauce in a bowl and eaten it like it was soup. (Maybe next time).
1/2 cup butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
1 cup half and half
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add cream cheese and stir until cream cheese has melted.
3. Slowly poor in half and half and whisk vigorously for a few minutes.
4. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until incorporated. Stir in garlic and black pepper. Let the sauce simmer on low heat for a few minutes to thicken up.
5. Combine with your favorite pasta and serve. (I used rigatoni here).
Recipe from Center Cut Cook
I liked this song even before I heard it.
Firstly, it’s titled Candy Mountain. That’s pretty sweet.
Second, on his Soundcloud page is this:
“Johnnie Lee Jordan’s real name is Johnnie Lee Jordan. He sometimes feels self conscious about using three names. Everybody always tells him “Do it!” or “Oh man you’ve got to keep the Lee!” Yet, daily he mulls the name change over in his already busy mind.”
I love these kind of personal struggles.
As it turned out, the song is great.
Check out Johnnie Lee Jordan on Facebook, where you can keep tuned to find out where to get his album ‘Run’ due out in February 2015.
Pingback: Spicy Chicken Rigatoni (Buca di Beppo Copycat). New Music From Geoff Ong. | I Sing In The Kitchen