Winter is hanging on tight in my neck of the woods. A batch of Lemon Cupcakes With Lemony Buttercream Icing brought a bit of warm sunshine into the kitchen.
The lemon cupcake starts with a boxed mix that gets a little doctoring. The result is a moist cupcake bursting with citrus flavor that tastes homemade. The tart lemon in the buttercream is a wonderful temper to its sweetness.
Lemon Cupcakes With Lemony Buttercream Icing
1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
3 Tbs vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 cup warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
Lemony Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners.
2. Mix all ingredients on medium-high speed of an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks and remove cupcakes from pans.
4. Frost cupcakes with the Lemony Buttercream Icing. (I sprayed on a bit of yellow color mist food color and sprinkled with some white non-pareils.)
Recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor Returns by Anne Byrn
Lemony Buttercream Icing
1 cup salted butter
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons cream
1. Cream butter with an electric mixer.
2. Add confectioners’ sugar, one cup at a time, beating continuously. Mix in lemon zest and lemon juice. Thin icing out with the cream, if needed, and beat until smooth.
Recipe from The Kitchen Magpie
“My Curse Is My Mind” is the debut single from Stockholm based musician and producer Nuoli. I love her soft, sweet voice floating over the ominous sounding music.
Check out Nuoli on Facebook and keep your eye out for where the April 20th release will be available for purchase.