Pizza meets lasagna in this super easy, utterly delicious, rib sticking casserole. Packed with meat and cheese, it was a true family pleaser.
1 lb bow tie (farfalle) pasta
1 lb sweet pork sausage
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 lb cubed cooked ham (I used a few slices of cooked, crumbled bacon instead)
1/2 lb sliced pepperoni
24 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional to serve
1. Cook pasta in boiling water, draining 2 minutes before the suggested cook time.
2. Cook sausage, onion, garlic and oregano in a large skillet until the sausage is no longer pink.
3. In a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, pour in a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
4. Layer 1/3 of the pasta, 1/3 remaining sauce, 8 oz mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and all of sausage mixture.
5. Layer 1/2 of the remaining pasta, 1/2 remaining sauce, 8 oz mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and the ham.
7. Bake casserole at 375°F for 40 minutes.
8. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Cully’s Kitchen
Here is some brand new music from Medals, a project of Glasgow’s JP Reid. The album combines mesmerizing rhythms with brilliant lyrics. Supremely good stuff.
“You’re not the only one
Don’t lose faith
Everything gets better ”
Check out Medals on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.