Okay, I’ll admit it is a stretch trying to link toilet rolls to fabulously wonderful One Hour Yeast Rolls. At least my search for something funny about rolls turned up a humorous video. There was absolutely NOTHING funny that came out of my search for something to laugh about yeast. Plenty of gross nonsense poking fun at the infection. Let’s not even go there.
Let’s go here, with today’s recipe.
One Hour Yeast Rolls completely live up to the name. In just 60 minutes you have a kitchen scented with the heady aroma of freshly baked bread. The no knead rolls are light, slightly sweet and tender. The honey butter glaze gives them sheen and eliminates the need to slather on butter, but you should anyway.
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup oil
2 Tbs yeast
1 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
3 1/3 cups flour
2 Tbs melted butter
1 Tbs honey (or to taste)
1. In a large bowl, mix together warm water, sugar, oil and yeast. Let stand for 15 minutes until yeast mixture is bubbly.
2. Stir salt and beaten egg into yeast mixture. Gradually add flour. Dough will a little sticky; add enough flour until it’s manageable. Let dough rest in the bowl, covered with a kitchen towel, for 10 minutes.
3. Grease your hands lightly with oil and form dough into about 12 balls. Place balls so they don’t touch on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Let rise for 20 minutes.
4. Bake rolls in a 375℉ oven for 10 minutes.
5. Mix melted butter with honey. Brush top of hot rolls with the honey butter.
Makes about one dozen rolls
Recipe from Justapinch.com
This new song from Euros Childs’ new album, ‘Situation Comedy’ is everything you would expect from him. Sweet, lovely and totally addictive.
Check out Euros Childs on his Website, where you can learn upcoming UK tour dates and buy the music.