Not too long ago I made a recipe for Jalapeño Popper Pulls and it was gooooood.
But, get this. On the same blog there was a recipe for a similar pull apart loaf called Crack Bread.
You know when the internet starts terming a recipe with the ‘Crack’ label that it must be good. And addictive. (Although this article states the case for totally abhorring the reference.)
I don’t care about any label controversies, I’m just looking for delicious recipes and this is definitely one of them.
Easier to make than the Jalapeño Popper Pulls since the sliced cheese can be neatly tucked into the crevices and then there is the step where the whole loaf is coated with a melted mix of butter and ranch dressing.
1 unsliced round loaf of sourdough bread
12 oz cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 Tbs Ranch dressing mix
1. Use a sharp bread knife to cut the bread in both directions without cutting through the bottom crust.
2. Place slices of cheese in between cuts of bread. Sprinkle bacon bits on bread, making sure to get in between cuts.
3. Mix together butter and Ranch dressing mix. Pour over bread.
4. Wrap the entire loaf in foil and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake loaf at 350℉ for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Recipe from Plain Chicken
We’re gonna play some music from ‘Communion Bread’ which, I might add, is not as delicious as Crack Bread. The wafer, not the album.
I really love ‘Lift Up’. It feels lighter than air and Patrick has such a gorgeous voice.