Hang around here enough and you are going to bump into chocolate chip cookies.
Ever on the quest for new variations, I came across this recipe for giant chocolate chip cookies stuffed with chocolate chips.
My stuffing didn’t quite stay put in a neat gooey filling, but I was delighted with these cookies which are mighty fine and oh so jammed with chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Stuffed Cookies
2 cups (280g) flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups (240g) packed light brown sugar
2 cold eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups (505g/18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until smoothly blended, about 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until blended, about 1 minute. The mixture may look slightly curdled. On low speed, add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated. Mix in 2 cups (336g) of the chocolate chips.
3. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough between the palms of your hands into a ball, flatten it slightly to make a 2-inch (5cm) disk and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat to make a total of 16 disks, placing 8 on each baking sheet and spacing them 4 inches (10cm) apart. Leaving a 1/4-inch (6mm) plain edge, lightly press about 1 tablespoon of the remaining chocolate chips onto each disk.
4. Using the remaining dough, make 16 more disks, placing one on top of each chocolate chip topped disk. Press the dough disks gently to cover any of the chocolate chip filling that shows around the edges.
5. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time until the edges are lightly browned but the centers are still pale golden, about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then use a wide metal spatula to transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
6. The cookies can be stored in a tightly covered container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Makes 16 cookies
Recipe from Big Fat Cookies by Elinor Klivans
This is the debut single from Nothankyou, a collaboration between Brooklyn’s Olga Bell and Londoner Tom Vek.
With its slinky beat and hypnotic vocals, I am absolutely loving this song.
Check out Tom Vek on his Website. Learn more about Olga Bell on her site. You can buy the single when it is released in August on Moshi Moshi.
Stuffed cookies? Genius.
I know, right!!? Thanks so much for stopping by Gigi (one of my favorite names, btw.)
De nada. I’ll be stopping by a lot more often now that I’m following your blog ;)