Love paninis, but don’t have a press?
No worries. A grill pan or skillet and a heavy cast-iron pan is all you need to make delicious pressed sandwiches like these Hot Buttery Brie Jalapeño Melts. Here the baguette gets perfectly crisp on the outside and the spicy, sweet jalapeño jelly is an unexpected match in heaven for the rich, creamy brie.
8 oz Brie round or wedge
1 French baguette (about 12 ounces)
1/2 cup jalapeño jelly
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Trim and discard rind from Brie. Cut Brie into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and set aside.
2. Cut baguette into 4 equal pieces; halve pieces lengthwise.
3. Heat jelly in a microwave-safe bowl for 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro. Spread mixture evenly on cut sides of each bread slice.
4. Layer 4 bread slices, jelly sides up, evenly with Brie; top with remaining bread slices, jelly sides down.
5. Cook sandwiches, in batches, in a preheated panini press 3 minutes or until grill marks appear and cheese melts. (If you don’t have a panini press, place sandwiches in a hot skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Press sandwiches with a cast-iron skillet or other heavy weight, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.)
Recipe from Southern Living Magazine
Bronze Radio Return, out of Hartford, CT, are gearing up for the release of their third album, ‘Up, On And Over’.
I love what I have heard so far. Pleasant, breezy, folksy music, like this catchy tune.
Check out Bronze Radio Return on the band’s Website, where you can learn upcoming Canadian and US tour dates and buy their music.