He’s loving, crazy smart, funny and never fails to see the bright side of everything (which, I admit, can drive me utterly bonkers). I’m very lucky to share my life with this incredible man who gave me such beautiful children and such an amazing life.
Happy Father’s Day. xx
Okay, enough! This is supposed to be a short and sweet post and I have already gone way over my sweet quota.
Let’s talk about the Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins.
These are such cute little muffins that taste like a big chocolate chip pancake breakfast in just two bites. They stir up in no time and bake in less than 10 minutes. Dip them in more maple syrup or dab on a touch of butter, but they are perfect on their own.
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips, plus extra to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl.
3. In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops.
6. Bake for 8 minutes or until a tester comes clean.
7. Let cool slightly and remove from the pan.
8. Serve immediately with warmed butter or some maple syrup.
Makes 24 mini pancake muffins
Recipe from Bakerella
Short and sweet songs today are in a fatherly way.
Short. This is just plain mental, but I love it. Especially the crazy song title.
And some sweet ‘First Love’ by Father Tiger.
Check out Father Figure on Bandcamp, where you can buy their music.
Learn more about Father Tiger on the band’s Website, where you can purchase the music. They are also giving away some albums for the price of an email address.
Cheers and Happy Father’s Day to the dads everywhere! x