Fire up that grill and get busy making this fantastic Grilled Asian Chicken With Mango-Sesame Dressing. What makes this meal so good is the dressing. Used as both a marinade and a condiment, it’s the best sauce I have tasted in ages. All at once sweet, spicy and tangy.
Serve the chicken and veggies with the Ginger-Cilantro Rice. If you are feeding non-cilantro lovers, serve them the ginger rice before you stir the cilantro oil in.
8 large shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
12 red radishes, trimmed, halved
4 stalks celery, cut in half
1 large orange bell pepper, cut lengthwise into strips
Mango-Sesame Dressing (recipe follows)
6 boneless chicken breast halves
Ginger-Cilantro Rice (recipe follows)
1. Arrange all vegetables on large rimmed baking sheet. Brush lightly on both sides with Mango-Sesame Dressing; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Arrange chicken on sheet of foil. Brush both sides of chicken with dressing, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Coat grill rack generously with nonstick spray and prepare barbecue. Grill chicken until cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to cutting board. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile broil vegetables (or grill in a vegetable grill basket) until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.
5. Slice chicken. Serve chicken and vegetables with rice and remaining dressing.
Recipe slightly adapted from Bon Appétit Magazine
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mango chutney
6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
3 large garlic cloves
6 teaspoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in blender. Cover tightly; blend until dressing is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store any extra dressing covered in refrigerator.
Makes about 2 1/4 cups
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 1-inch-long pieces fresh ginger, peeled, each cut into 4 rounds, plus 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1 2/3 cups chicken broth
1 1/3cups chopped fresh cilantro
1 green onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
1. Combine rice and ginger rounds in large saucepan. Add broth. Bring to boil, stirring often. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and broth is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, combine chopped cilantro, green onion, and minced ginger in mini processor. Add both oils and vinegar. Blend until almost smooth. Season cilantro oil to taste with salt, pepper, and more vinegar, if desired.
3. Transfer rice to bowl. Remove ginger rounds. Mix in cilantro oil and serve.
Serves 4 to 6
Say Cocovan and, if you are me, you’re going to think of a french chicken dish.
I assure you that the sound will not make you think of poultry.
Think sultry instead.
Check out Cocovan on her Website, where she is giving away her music for free.