When I was planning this dinner, I had no idea how very orange it would be. REALLY orange. The day-glo from the cheese flavored crackers was almost identical to the natural brightness of the sweet potatoes.
Orange overload aside, these two recipes are so good.
I like quirky recipes like the Cheesy Chicken. Crackers and melted butter, that’s it. The chicken was extremely moist and the crackers lent a great mix of salty cheese flavor.
The Sweet Potato Fries are meltingly tender inside, with a crisp, caramelized exterior.
Have yourself some orange food soon. Just add a sprig of parsley if you need some contrast.
4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups crushed cheese flavored crackers
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉/180℃.
2. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Serves 4 to 6
Recipe from Mr. Food Cooks Like Mama
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425℉.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into wedges.
3. Place wedges on large baking pan. Pour over olive oil and toss to mix. Spread into a single layer.
4. Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle on the potatoes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn wedges over.
6. Bake another 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
7. Sprinke with extra kosher salt to taste.
The Orange Rocket, a band that hails from Santiago, Chili, play pumped up indie rock that sounds more North American than South.
Answers is from their January 2013 release of the same name.
Sidebar: Anyone else think that the word ‘answer’ is completely weird? You know, with that ‘W’ and all?
Check out The Orange Rocket on Bandcamp, where you can get their music.