Peaches and Blueberries are fabulous together in pies. One of my favorite combinations. And I adore desserts with a crunchy, crumbed topping.
Using frozen fruit here makes it possible to enjoy a tart that screams summer smack in the middle of winter.
Another thing I love about this Peach-Blueberry Crumble Tart is that the crust is so easy…no rolling involved, you just pat it into the tart pan. It bakes up deliciously crisp, like shortbread.
1-1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients for crumb topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter just until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
2. Bake crust at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, peaches and honey; toss to coat.
4. In a small bowl, combine the first five topping ingredients; stir in butter.
5. Spoon fruit mixture into crust; sprinkle with topping.
6. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
As always, I am drawn to bands with interesting names and different song titles.
Tiger. Fire. Fear. singing ‘Freeze Buddy! I’m A Cop!’. Just perfect.
These guys are pretty new, hail from Glasgow and sound awfully good so far.