Peaches and Blueberries are fabulous together in pies. One of my favorite combinations. And I adore desserts with a crunchy, crumbed topping.
Using frozen fruit here makes it possible to enjoy a tart that screams summer smack in the middle of winter.
Another thing I love about this Peach-Blueberry Crumble Tart is that the crust is so easy…no rolling involved, you just pat it into the tart pan. It bakes up deliciously crisp, like shortbread.
1-1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
1 tablespoon honey
Ingredients for crumb topping:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter just until blended. Press onto the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
2. Bake crust at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, peaches and honey; toss to coat.
4. In a small bowl, combine the first five topping ingredients; stir in butter.
5. Spoon fruit mixture into crust; sprinkle with topping.
6. Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
As always, I am drawn to bands with interesting names and different song titles.
Tiger. Fire. Fear. singing ‘Freeze Buddy! I’m A Cop!’. Just perfect.
These guys are pretty new, hail from Glasgow and sound awfully good so far.
Check out Tiger. Fire. Fear. on Facebook, and Bandcamp where you can get their music.