I try my best to keep you up to date on all sorts of things, like these very important facts about The Angler Fish.
Wasn’t it worth stopping by just for that? :)
Okay, now true fact about Funfetti Cupcakes.
Funfetti Cupcakes are no strangers here at ISITK. Very true.
It’s because Funfetti Cupcakes are FUN and I love to make them to take to parties or bake sales. Everyone loves them.
Some Funfetti Cupcake recipes I have tried are these dense and yummy ones and these on a stick. And of course, my favorite of the bunch, Confetti Cheesecake Cupcakes with Cake Batter Cream Cheese Icing.
Here is another recipe for a simple, but color and flavor packed version. It is so hard not to smile at these guys.
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg plus 1 egg white, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup rainbow jimmies
Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar and butter until well combined. Add the egg and egg white, one at at time, mixing thoroughly in between. Mix in vanilla.
4. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in rainbow jimmies.
Makes about 12 cupcakes (recipe doubles easily)
2 oz unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1-2 Tbs milk
Sprinkles or candy stars for decorating
1. With an electric mixer, beat the butter for 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract.
2. Gradually mix in confectioners’ sugar on low speed. Add in 1 tablespoon of milk and increase speed to high. Beat for 2-3 more minutes, until frosting is light and fluffy. Add more milk or powdered sugar, if needed, to achieve desired consistency.
3. Spread or pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes, then garnish with sprinkles.
Recipes from 52 Kitchen Adventures
It has been awhile, but The Contrast Podcast is always worth the wait.
The current topic is ‘Low’. Go have a listen here.
My pick for ‘Low’ was Top of The Bottom by John Wesley Harding.
“I got a sweet deal and I moved to America
I fell in love with an heiress called Erica
Started out smart, soon got silly
I partied by the pool and then arrest for necrophilia
News travels fast like electricity
A bad mug shot, it’s good publicity
I laid low for a month or two
And spent my dough building a recording studio
And that’s when it all went pop
That’s how I got from
The bottom to the top of the bottom”
I think that getting arrested for necrophilia would be a pretty low moment for anyone.
I saw JWH just over a year ago (I have photos in this post). This video captures just what it is like to see him live.
Check out John Wesley Harding on his Website, where you can learn upcoming US tour dates and also buy the music.