You Might Be White Trash If…
* You think “loading the dishwasher” means getting your wife drunk.
* “Bambi” made you hungry for rabbit.
* You think a “thesaurus” was a dinosaur.
White Trash might be a politically incorrect term, but who cares. Snackwise, it is synonymous to me with fabulous.
I make a big batch of White Trash every December. It’s so simple to whip up, makes a ton, and is perfect to wrap up and have on hand for gifts throughout the month.
I’ve tried all sorts of versions of White Trash. They all include Chex cereal and white candy coating. The mix-ins, though, are endless. Any combination of sweet and salty that you fancy such as M & Ms, Cheerios cereal, pretzels (thin sticks or twists), and nuts to name a few.
This recipe caught my eye because it had chopped caramel in the mix and I lurve caramel, as you know.
I would definitely double the recipe since White Trash keeps really well in an airtight tin.
Short ingredient list. Sweet result.
Caramel White Trash Snack Mix
2 cups Corn Chex
2 cups miniature pretzels
1 cup dry roasted peanuts (I also added some cashews and roasted almonds)
20 caramels, coarsely chopped
12 ounces white baking chips
1. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
2. In a microwave, melt chips; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
3. Immediately spread mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet; let stand until set, about 20 minutes.
4. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 6 cups
Recipe from Taste Of Home Magazine
White Trash makes great gifts to have on hand.
Here’s a short song. You’ve got to love songs with whistling in them. And this one is by some White Trash.
Beautiful Trash is a pretty sweet song, in all senses of the word.
“All the streets lights are singing your name
Like the night that I met you
Tonight is the same”