Just in case you haven’t seen this video, yet. It’s great, but the song is a bit of an earworm.
Layer Cake Pancakes. Just the name makes me smile.
Basically, a stack of light pancakes cloaked in a sweet glaze that crisps a bit as it dries. So good.
Layer Cake Pancakes
Easy Pancakes (recipe follows)
Sugar Cookie Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Stack cooked pancakes on a plate. Spoon glaze over.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 egg whites, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine beaten egg whites, milk, oil, and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Pour about 1/3 cup batter onto a heated griddle and lightly brown on both sides.
Makes about 12 pancakes
Sugar Cookie Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 Tbs milk
1 Tbs light corn syrup
3 drops lemon juice
1. Sift sugar.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add more milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.
Recipe from I Am Baker
How fun is this new song from Glasgow’s Insect Heroes?
“Tonight I’m driving with the top down
Yeah tonight I’m drinking in the VIP lounge
Yeah tonight I’m Justin Timberlake
Tonight I’m fucking fabulous”
The whole album, ‘Apocalypso’, sounds great. Retro, kind of funky and highly danceable. Kind of conceptual, too, with an Introduction to start, Good Night ending and a Insect Heroes Theme in the middle.