This is a really sweet video.
Only problem is the parrot is on a kitchen counter, which is pretty gross.
And then there is the racket of another bird (s) in the background which reminds me of a time when my parents lost their minds and bought over 30 assorted birds over a 6 year period.
It was insane. Big Macaws, Cockatoos, Cockatiels, Parakeets, Love Birds.
Unbelievable. I don’t know what was wrong with my parents, but thankfully, I was moved out by then.
Funny story. Colonel Peanut Butter, a macaw, woke me up one morning when I was visiting because he wouldn’t stop making jack hammering noises. Evidently, there was road work outside the house the week prior and he found a sound he liked imitating.
Man, you can’t make some stuff up.
Of course, this all has nothing to do with these incredibly good cupcakes.
I love cupcakes that have a surprise filling. Using purchased cookie dough makes it possible to crank out these cookie dough filled cupcakes in no time.
And we know saving time is sweet.
1 box chocolate cake mix, along with ingredients listed on box
Chocolate Cookie Dough (purchased or you can follow the homemade recipe here)
Chocolate Buttercream Icing (recipe follows)
Mini chocolate chips to garnish
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
2. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
5. Bake cupcakes at 350℉ for 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
6. Cool cupcakes, frost with icing and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
Makes 24 cupcakes (I had a little batter left over)
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1. Using the wire whisk attachment of a stand mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.
2. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the sugar. Once all of the confectioners’ sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high and add the vanilla. Mix to combine. Add the melted chocolate and whip at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed.
Recipes from Goddess of Baking
Time for a short song, which just happens to be gorgeous.
And a sweet song.
Of course I have no idea what is being sung (probably not the House Of The Rising Sun lyrics), but you have to admit the song title is sweet.
Cambodian Space Project-I'm Still Waiting For You
Check out Woods on their Website, where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates and buy the band’s music.