Don’t have an ice cream maker?
No worries. You don’t need one to make this ice cream.
Simply whip up the white chocolate cream base and swirl some chocolate ganache through it. Freeze and you have this tangy, chocolatety dessert. Sweet!
Magic Chocolate Swirl Ice Cream
Ingredients for ice cream:
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons white chocolate chips
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
Ingredients for chocolate swirl:
2ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
Directions for the ice cream:
1. Microwave condensed milk and white chocolate chips in large bowl until chips soften, 60 to 75 seconds, stirring halfway through. Remove from microwave and stir mixture until white chocolate chips are melted and fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Pressing chips against side of bowl helps in getting them to melt fully.
2. Stir in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
3. Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip cream until soft peaks form, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir one-third of whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until combined. Fold remaining whipped cream into white chocolate mixture until just incorporated. Pour ice cream base into freezable container.
Directions for the chocolate swirl:
1. Place chocolate in 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Heat cream, corn syrup, oil, and salt in small saucepan over medium heat until mixture is steaming, about 3 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid scorching. Remove from heat and immediately pour over chocolate. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes, then stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. (I used the microwave to heat the cream, corn syrup, oil, and salt in the measuring cup, then added the chocolate.)
2. Slowly pour chocolate mixture into center of ice cream base.
3. Dip butter knife through chocolate to bottom of container and lift up, swirling as you lift. Repeat 10 times, until chocolate is evenly swirled through ice cream base, being careful not to overmix. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 6 hours or up to 2 weeks.
Makes 1 quart
Recipe from Cook’s Country Magazine
A Short song:
Baskervilles- A Little More Time
And a Sweet song:
The National-I Need My Girl (Live)
Check out Baskervilles on Myspace. Buy their music here.
The Website for The National has upcoming US and UK tour dates listed. You can also buy the band’s music there.
Omg that looks heavenly!
Pingback: Oil Container For Kitchen - Kitchen Ideas