Dude is such a funny expression. Here is a whole bunch of dudes.
This is one yummy meal worthy of any dude.
When you give the grill a night off, spoon Italian spiced sausage and beef over some crescent dough. Pile on cheese and fold the dough over the filling. Throw in the oven and 25 minutes you have one cheesy, meaty, bready and fabulous dinner.
I tend to think of this kind of dish as stromboli rather than lasagna. Never mind the semantics, the recipe is delicious.
Ingredients for meat filling:
1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
1/2 lb lean ground beef
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 clove garlic, minced
6 oz tomato paste
Ingredients for cheese filling:
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
Ingredients for crust:
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 (7×4-inch) slices mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and beef until no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in remaining meat filling ingredients; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
2. Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F.
3. In small bowl, mix cheese filling ingredients.
4. Unroll both cans of dough. Place dough rectangles side by side, on ungreased cookie sheet and firmly press edges and perforations to seal. Press to form 15×13-inch rectangle.
5. Spoon half of meat filling in 6-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough to within 1 inch of short sides. Spoon cheese filling over meat filling; spoon remaining meat filling evenly over cheese filling. Arrange mozzarella cheese slices over filling.
6. Fold short sides of dough 1 inch over filling. Fold long sides of dough tightly over filling, overlapping edges in center 1/4 inch; firmly pinch center seam and ends to seal. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake 23 to 27 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Recipe slightly adapted from Pillsbury Best Of The Bake-off Cookbook
Today is a pretty shite day here in the US of A. Unspeakable violence. Completely incomprehensible.
You know what, too? I totally hate that this deranged gunman tied his heinous act to Batman. My daughter is supposed to go tomorrow. I know she will be fine, but then didn’t all of the other parents think that when they sent their loved ones off to today’s 12 am movie showings?
Okay, enough sadness.
When I am sad, I go to Scotland. To my memories of how much I loved the country when I was visiting and to the unbelievable number of bands from there that make my musical day.
Today I want The Seven Deadly Sins . Blast this and put a smile on your face.
And watch the video because it is awesome and he is where I want to be right now.
Check out The Seven Deadly Sins on the band’s Website, where you can also buy the music.