Trust me. You want to eat this Rustic Strawberry Crumb Pie.
I always forget about strawberries when I am thinking about fruit for pie. Well, the strawberry is unforgettable here. So wonderful baked into a cream cheese based dough and covered with a crunchy crumb topping. The only thing missing here might be a large scoop of ice cream to top it all off.
Ingredients for crust:
1/2 cup (4oz) unsalted butter
3 oz cream cheese
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
pinch of salt
Ingredients for crumb topping:
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
Ingredients for filling:
6 cups (2 lbs) hulled, quartered strawberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
Directions for the crust:
1. Add butter and cream cheese to a food processor and process until smooth.
2. Add the flour and salt. Process again until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
3. Form dough into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350℉.
5. Lightly flour a flat surface. Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick and fit into a 9 inch springform pan, having the crust go up the sides. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Trim off the excess dough to level off the crust on the inside of the pan.
6. Line the crust with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans and bake for for 18-20 minutes until crust is lightly golden brown. Remove the beans and foil and allow to cool.
Directions to make crumb topping:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together oatmeal, sugar and flour. Add the melted butter and stir until combined and moistened. Refrigerate the topping until chilled.
Directions to make the filling:
1. Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Directions to assemble and bake pie:
1. Spoon strawberry filling into the crust and sprinkle with crumb topping.
2. Bake in the middle of oven for 50-55 minutes, until filling is bubbling and crumb is golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Recipe from Sweet Twist Of Blogging
New Jersey’s The Ugly Club have a new LP, “You Belong To The Minutes”, coming out on July 13th.
I have been loving this song.
Another song, Loosen Up, also has my complete attention. Have a listen on The Ugly Club’s Soundcloud page. Watch it performed live in this video.
Check out The Ugly Club on the band’s Website where you can also learn of upcoming gigs.
You can name your price and buy the album here.
Pingback: Zucchini, Arugula And Shaved Parmesan Salad. Hey Ugly Club…See What You Started? :) | I Sing In The Kitchen