Yep. If you like tacos you have stopped by the right place for a really good recipe.
Those purchased packaged taco shells are alright, but Puffy, fried right before you eat them shells are Really, Really alright.
The ground beef filling here is nicely spiced, but you can use your favorite taco meat recipe. It is all about that Puffy shell.
The Avocado Salad is a simple side that goes perfectly with the tacos.
Ground Beef Tacos With Puffy Taco Shells
2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 jalapeño peppers chopped
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of Mexican oregano
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, minced
1/2 teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of lime juice
Vegetable oil for frying
1 (16 oz) package corn tortillas
Toppings: shredded cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sour cream
1. In large skillet, combine ground beef, garlic, onion and jalapeños. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned. Drain well.
2. Add tomato sauce, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, chili powder, oregano, cayenne and salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. In a large deep saucepan, pour vegetable oil to a depth of 4 inches. Heat oil to 360℉.
4. Place 1 tortilla in hot oil. It should start to puff immediately. After 10 seconds, use a long handled metal spatula to make an indentation in center of tortilla to form a V shape. Gently cook shell on each side until light brown and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
5. Fill tortillas with beef mixture and your choice of toppings.
Serves 8 to 10
Recipe from Cooking With Paula Deen Magazine
3 avocados, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbs lemon jiuice
Today’s song is from the debut album, out last month, from “Singapore’s newest power pop band” Shelves.
I love the album cover.
The music is plenty catchy, fuzzy, and full of fun guitars.
Check out Shelves on the band’s Website, where you can link to buy their music.