Today I finally go to see the new and (sob) last Harry Potter film. I’ve not been in a hurry to go only because I dread having it all come to an end.
The Harry Potter books were some of my favorite reads of all time. I don’t even like that genre, but I was hooked on these.
I love the movies, too. I don’t know that there will ever be anything like this again in my life. A long series of books that are followed by a long series of movies that have all of the same actors in them. Truly remarkable.
I’m bringing tissues. My cynical children, who have already seen the last movie, said they cried. I’m doomed!!
Sigh. Snape is my favorite character.
Ha! That cracked me up. Of course, this all has nothing to do with Banana Muffins. So, let’s bake.
My favorite banana breads and muffins must have chocolate chips in them. These muffins do. Nuts too. Jumbo Yumbo.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pecan Muffins
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease 20 muffin cups.
2. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, buttermilk and mashed bananas. Mix well.
4. Add chocolate chips and pecans. Stir until well mixed.
5. In another large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Pour the banana mixture over the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
8. Remove the muffins from the pan immediately after taking them out of the oven and set them aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
A friend (who just happens to be the lead singer of The Finger, a band I wrote about here) shared this song on Facebook.
Musically right up my alley. So I checked out the band.
I Love You But I’ve Chosen Darkness are a five member group out of Austin, Texas (they must be good, then!).
Classic Indie guitar sound. Echo-ey, repetitive, fantastic.
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness-The Owl