Cake and candy hidden under a chocolate dome. How fun is that? Grab a hammer and take a swing.
1 baked 8 inch cake
Icing of your choice to frost the cake
1000g chocolate to melt for the shell
Large chocolate coins
Candy Melt wafers
1. Cut a deep hollow in center of cake approximately 11 cm in diameter.
2. Spread icing all over cake. Fill hollow with coins and other candy.
3. To make the chocolate shell: grease a 22 cup bowl (metal is optimal) with 1/2 tsp oil. Place bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes. Melt chocolate and swirl to coat the inside of the chilled bowl. (You may not need all of the chocolate.) Continue to swirl until chocolate begins to set and is a uniform thickness. Freeze until chocolate sets completely.
4. Carefully place bowl with set chocolate over the cake; using a hot cloth briefly rub the outside of the bowl. Chocolate shell will slip from bowl and completely cover cake. (This took me a few goes with the hot cloth. I was starting to worry, but then the chocolate shell released.)
5. Using some additional melted chocolate, secure remaining rainbow chips, M&Ms and candy melts to the chocolate shell to decorate.
6. Use hammer to break shell.
There. Now wasn’t that fun? Time now to hammer out a few tunes.
The Breeders-Divine Hammer
Let’s Wrestle-Maxwell’s Silver Hammer