Today is my father’s 80th birthday. I really cannot believe it. Where do all of the years go? One thing I know for sure is that I am very thankful to have shared so many years of my life with my dad.
Unfortunately, my father does not live close enough for me to spend today with him. Soon though, we’ll get together and celebrate. My dad likes simple things and coconut cream pie is one of his favorites. So, I’ll make this pie and also a chocolate layer cake with cream cheese frosting, another dessert he loves.
I am truly blessed to have a father that loves me so much, is so good to my children and has always been there for me. We drive each other crazy sometimes, but it is a wild ride that I never want to end.
Easy Coconut Cream Pie
2 pkg (3.4 oz each) vanilla instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1 cup coconut, divided
1 graham cracker crust
1. Beat pudding mixes and milk in a large bowl for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in one cup Cool Whip and 3/4 cup coconut. Pour into crust.
3. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
4. Meanwhile toast remaining coconut. Heat oven to 350℉. Spread coconut in shallow pan. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. (I went an even easier route and used King Arthur Flour’s Toasted Coconut which you can get here.
5. Top pie with remaining Cool Whip and coconut.
Recipe from Publications International, Ltd, Best Recipes 2011.
My father taught me how to dance. We’d lindy hop and fox trot all over our small living room. He is such a good dancer that, even when I had no idea what I was doing, he always made me look good.
Glenn Miller-In The Mood
From as far back as I can remember, my father was singing this song to me. We danced to it at my wedding. It took everything in me not to cry.
Dean Martin-Daddy’s Little Girl
Happy Birthday Dad. Many more. Cheers!