Given that I am off to Boston (DeVotchKa ToMorrOw!!!!!!) I thought some chowdah might be in order.
But first….Let’s think about Cod for a minute.
The Most Brilliant Ad With Darth Vader Ever.
6 strips bacon, chopped
2 leeks, chopped
1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh (from 3 ears) or frozen
1/3 cup dry white wine
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 lb cod, skin removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 cups oyster crackers
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. In a large oven safe dutch oven, over medium high heat, fry bacon until almost crisp. Spoon off and discard all but 1 Tbs of the drippings.
3. Add the leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, corn, wine, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
5. Place cod pieces into the chowder mixture. Top with crackers and cover loosely with foil.
6. Bake until the fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine
May the Force be with you.
John Williams-Star Wars Main Theme
Cod Bless You.
Vampire Weekend-Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
Cod bless you too Tricia!! So excited for Boston tonight too!! Have fun at your concert.
That chowdah looks good too.
Have a blast in Boston! I’ll be thinking of you in the midst of my DeVotchKa delirium.