I’m not a fan of chicken nuggets, but give me some popcorn chicken any day. My kids were all over this fun stir fry. Me, too!!
Here is one of my flight of ideas. Nothing to do with the recipe, but Popcorn Chicken led me to think of popping which made me think of this hilarious video. What a laugh. I’m crying. It’s okay I’m not hurt. We may have to sing and fry gnocchi sometime soon. Are you game? (We can do it in your kitchen, though.)
Sweet And Sour Popcorn Chicken Stir Fry With Cashews
26 oz bag frozen popcorn chicken
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs cider vinegar
1 Tbs grated ginger
1 Tbs vegetable oil
4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1/2 lb snow peas
1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
1/2 cup cashews
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Steamed rice to serve
1. Cook the chicken according to the package instructions.
2. In a small bowl, make the sauce. Whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, vinegar and ginger.
3. Heat oil in wok (or large skillet) and add celery. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and jalapeño and cook, continuing to stir, until the vegetables are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
4. Add the chicken, sauce and cashews and toss to coat.
5. Serve over rice and sprinkle with the scallions.
Adapted from Real Simple Magazine
Now for some awesome Friday songs. These two tracks are as different as it gets. I have such a thing for Joe Jackson. He was a staple of my high school days and I think his music is timeless. Jens Lekman came into my life three years ago. I love his humorous songs so effectively tinged with sadness. Pick up his album ‘Night Falls Over Kortedala’. Definitely one of my favorites.
Jens Lekman-Friday Night At The Drive-In Bingo
Happy Friday and Cheers!