Swap out the olive for a cute little beet heart and toast your Valentine, or yourself, with this cheerful martini.
Beeting Heart Martini
1 ounce dry vermouth
4 ounces premium gin
2 pickled baby beets
1. Chill 2 martini glasses in the freezer.
2. Add the vermouth to each glass, dividing evenly then swirl to coat the glasses. Discard the vermouth after swirling.
3. Add gin to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until chilled then divide among the vermouth coated glasses.
4. Cut out a heart from each pickled baby beet, using a small heart shaped cutter.
5. Gently drop a beet heart into each glass and serve immediately.
Recipe from Martha Stewart
I first heard ‘Beating Heart’ in college. Let’s say that was a long time ago!
The original version, from a mixtape my boyfriend at the time made me, is very different from the remix here. This is more techno, but the romantic lyrics are warmly intact.
Check out Section 25 on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.