I love pizza. I love soft pretzels. Put them together and you get this insanely delicious Pretzel Crust Pizza.
The crust bakes up chewy-crisp and somehow gets that lovely, toasty brown pretzel color. I made a pepperoni pizza, but any of your favorite toppings would be delicious here.
Pretzel Crust Pizza
1 1/3 cups warm water
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons honey
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon fine table salt
1/3 cup baking soda
1 tablespoon melted butter
Coarse sea salt
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
Pepperoni slices or any other toppings you might like
1. Combine water, yeast, and honey in bowl of a stand mixer and stir to mix. Let rest for 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and the teaspoon of fine salt to yeast mixture. Mix until a dough forms then use dough hook to knead for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and not too sticky. Remove dough from bowl and allow to rest on a well-floured surface for 10 minutes.
3. Fill a large pot, at least 10 inches wide, with 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Add baking soda (be careful, it will bubble and rise) then reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Divide dough into three equal portions and roll each out into three 8-inch disks.
5. Gently drop one dough disk into the simmering water. Allow to boil for 30-40 seconds. Use slotted spoons to carefully lift dough from the pot and transfer to a paper towel lined cooling rack. Repeat with remaining two dough disks.
6. Transfer dough disks to parchment lined baking sheets. Brush the disks with melted butter then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
7. Bake for 10 minutes at 425℉. Remove crusts from oven and top with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni (or other toppings).
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
Recipe from Creme De La Crumb
“Now” is the new single by LA-based band Suzy & The Lifeguard from their EP ‘Anima’. I adore the tempo changes, the sizzling vocal energy and that brilliant chorus.
Check out Suzy & The Lifeguard on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.