One thing I am thankful for this holiday season: ↑↑↑ I haven’t heard that God-awful song…yet. How on earth did it become such a classic? Ugh.
A December classic that I do highly endorse is eggnog. Yum.
Give banana bread a decidedly festive flavor by adding some eggnog. Just a little bit of eggnog adds the perfect hint of spice to this moist, delicious loaf.
Banana Eggnog Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
1/4 cup eggnog (the purchased kind)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, eggnog and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
4. Gradually beat flour mixture into banana mixture.
5. Transfer batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining nutmeg.
6. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan 10 minutes, remove bread from pan then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recipe from Taste of Home
Sad and depressing, this song is so pretty. Pass the eggnog.
“And I pushed you away
just to see if you’d feel something,
but now I’m left with nothing”
Check out Lizzy Farrall on her Website where you can buy the music.