I hope you are having a love-filled Valentine’s day.
Share some dessert love with these delectable Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars. A buttery base is filled with a creamy caramel then topped with crunchy pecans and chocolate chips. ❤️❤️❤️
Dulce de Leche Cookie Bars
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup dulce de leche
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 large egg yolks
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Coat the foil with cooking spray.
2. Combine 2 cups flour, the butter, confectioners’ sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture starts clumping together, about 1 minute. Press firmly in the bottom and 1/4 inch up the sides of the prepared pan.
3. Bake until firm and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the dulce de leche, heavy cream, egg yolks and the remaining 1 tablespoon flour and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
5. Pour the dulce de leche mixture over the crust and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Bake until set around the edge but still a bit soft in the center, about 25 minutes.
7. Transfer to the rack and cool completely. Lift out of the pan using the overhanging foil. Remove the foil and cut into bars.
Makes 25 bars
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
Don’t make promises that you cannot keep. But sing about it all day long if you have a voice as beautiful as that of Anna Pancaldi.
Check out Anna Pancaldi on her Website where you can learn of upcoming shows in the UK and buy her music.