Ha! High School Humor.
Nobody is going to say no to these Banana-Nutella Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Icing. They taste like amazing banana muffins with a fantastic Nutella surprise within. The creamy PB icing is the crowning touch.
Banana-Nutella Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Icing
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup mashed bananas (2 to 3 bananas)
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup Nutella
Peanut Butter Icing (recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl then set aside.
3. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the sour cream, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fill the muffin cups about halfway with batter. Add about 1 teaspoon Nutella to the center of each, then top with more batter so the cups are about three-quarters full.
6. Bake until a tester inserted into the center of cupcakes comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 3 minutes in the pans, then carefully remove the cupcakes to a rack to cool completely.
7. Transfer the icing to a pastry bag and pipe on the cupcakes.
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
Peanut Butter Icing
1 pound unsalted butter, softened
5 cups confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Beat the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 5 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually beat in the confectioners’ sugar until combined. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
Recipes from Food Network Magazine
Average Joe aka Ben Seaman, a student who attends high school with my sons, has a new release out. ‘White Noise’ is a 7 track collection of edgy hip hop tunes. I love the opening track “Won’t Slow Down”. The fun mashup opening morphs into a 70s style late night jam.