HaHa! Just imagine that start to the day.
A much better breakfast (or snack or dessert) would be these No-Bake Cereal Cookie Bars. A mixture of cereals and coconut come together with marshmallow and honey in crispy treat style. M & Ms make it all the more sweet.
No-Bake Cereal Cookie Bars
4-1/2 cups Rice Krispies
3-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup Frosted Flakes cereal
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup butter, cubed
16 ounces miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup M&M’s
1. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
2. Place Rice Krispies, oats, Frosted Flakes and coconut in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in honey until blended.
4. Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Stir in M&M’s.
5. Using a greased spatula, press evenly into prepared pan. Let stand 30 minutes before cutting. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container.
Makes 3 dozen
Recipe slightly adapted from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Time for a short song.
And a sweet song.