So many series, such limited time.
I’ve finally gotten around to starting ‘Parks And Recreation’ and am thoroughly enjoying it. Such funny characters.
Serve family, friends and Ron Swanson this easy, make ahead breakfast casserole and watch the smiles appear. The cream cheese filling is a wonderful contrast to the fragrant bread, sweet blueberries and crunchy almonds. The Blueberry Maple Syrup makes the dish extra special.
Baked Blueberry And Cream Cheese French Toast
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar, divided
10 slices thin sliced cinnamon swirl bread (I used the kind with raisins in it…really good)
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup slivered almonds
4 tablespoons butter, melted
Blueberry Maple Syrup (recipe follows)
1. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
2. In a food processor, process the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of the brown sugar until smooth.
3. Line baking dish with bread slices, cutting pieces to fit.
4. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over bread. Continue layering bread and cream cheese ending with bread.
5. Whisk together eggs, milk, extracts, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over top of bread, cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375℉. Uncover the baking dish.
7. Sprinkle blueberries and almonds over the top of French toast.
8. Stir remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar into the melted butter then drizzle over the French toast.
9. Bake until bubbly and set, about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
10. Serve slices of French toast with the blueberry maple syrup.
Blueberry Maple Syrup
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tbs orange juice
1. In a small saucepan, combine the ingredients. Simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in blueberries. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
Recipes from Cuisine At Home Magazine
I knew I was going to love this song from the first few notes. ‘Play Your Cards’ is new from British duo Words & Noises. Stellar piano pop that is the perfect way to start off the day…and end it.