Pizza all wrapped up in a roll. That’s what you get with these cheesy Pizza Rolls. Easy and very delicious.
1 lb pizza dough
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/3 cups marinara sauce
1 1/8 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
12 slices pepperoni, finely diced
5 basil leaves, finely chopped, plus more for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape, roughly 9 x 16 inches.
4. Spread the marinara sauce evenly on the rolled out dough, leaving a 1 inch border around the dough. Add 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, followed by pepperoni, basil and 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese.
5. Lift up the bottom edge of the long side of the dough and roll it into a tight cylinder.
6. Place rolled dough, seam side down, on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut dough crosswise into 8 equal sized slices.
7. Place the slices, cut sides up, on prepared baking sheet. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil onto the edges of the dough.
8. Bake rolls until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. In the last two minutes of baking, pull rolls out of the oven and top with 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Place rolls back into oven and bake until cheese melts.
9. Remove rolls from the oven. Let rest for 5 minutes then sprinkle with chopped basil for serving.
Recipe from Shutterbean
A little mellower than my usual Friday selections, but this folksy song by Emilio Pinchi has been in my head for days since I stumbled upon it on Soundcloud. So sparse with such moving lyrics. I love the abrupt ending.