Tender grilled lamb served with couscous chock full of pine nuts and dates makes dinner time special. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal yet special enough to serve to guests. I love the contrast of the herb salad accompaniment.
Lamb Chops With Fruity Couscous And Mint
4 lamb chop or leg steaks
2 tsp paprika
1 red onion, finely chopped
3 Tbs red wine vinegar
3 Tbs olive oil
5 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
8 dates, stoned and finely chopped
Zest and juice 2 lemons
20g pack each mint and flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Place the lamb in a bowl. Sprinkle with the paprika, half the onion, 1 tablespoon vinegar and ½ tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
2. To make the couscous, boil 140ml of water. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Stir in the pine nuts, dates, lemon zest and half the juice. Pour the boiling water over, stir, cover, then leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Heat grill to high.
4. Remove lamb from marinade. Grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, then rest, wrapped in foil, for 10 minutes.
5. Stir half the chopped herbs into the couscous, then add the remaining lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Mix together the remaining herbs, red onion, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to make a herby salad.
7. Serve the lamb and couscous with the herb salad.
Recipe from BBC Good Food Magazine
Scandinavia-based HÔN is a new artist with a new song out. ‘Honeydream’ screams get up and dance. From the first drumbox beats and wispy vocals you’re transported to 1980s’ style pop goodness.
“And I miss you
Push away absolution
Feeling closer to over
Never wanting the end”