Those light strands drive me crazy. I tried valiantly to resurrect 2 old sets of Christmas lights this past weekend, but they were the one bulb out, all out kind. So, when my husband phoned while he was out to see if I needed anything on his way home….new Christmas tree lights was the big request.
The time I spent wasted on the stupid lights was easily recouped with this super simple brownie recipe.
Just 30 minutes and you’ve got a big pan of brownies. Of course, you could do the same by opening a box of brownie mix. I just liked the twist of doctoring up some cake mix to achieve the same end.
These Chocolate Walnut Brownies are packed with chocolate flavor, have a dense, fudgy texture and plenty of crunch from the walnuts.
Chocolate Walnut Brownies
1 (18 1/4 ounce) devil’s food cake mix with pudding
5 Tbs butter, melted
1⁄3 cup milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients except walnuts and chocolate chips until smooth. The batter will be very thick.
4. Add in walnuts and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
5. Spread batter into the prepared baking dish. (Don’t worry if it does not completely cover the bottom since it will expand as it rises in the oven.)
6. Bake for about 25 minutes until firm around the edges. Cool and cut into squares.
Makes 24 brownies
Recipe from Chocolate From The Cake Mix Doctor
Here is a short song that leaves you wanting way more.
And a sweet song that is also too short.
Check out Frankie Cosmos on Bandcamp where you can buy her music.