This cracked me up.
Feeding a crowd now or sometime soon?
This Frito Pie Casserole is perfect for serving lots of people with minimum time spent in the kitchen. Plus, it has Fritos in it, so you know everyone is going to love it!
All you do is cook up a quick beef and bean chili and pour it over a boatload of Fritos. All of that gets smothered in cheddar and baked up to a hot, satisfying Tex-Mex style meal that is ready in under an hour.
2 pounds ground beef
2 cups onion, chopped
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style beans (or chili beans)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
1 cup beef broth
2 Tbs cumin
1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 (10.25 ounce) bags Fritos Coarn Chips
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
Sliced pickled jalapeños, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 3 quart baking dish.
2. Over medium-high heat, cook beef, onion and garlic in skillet until browned and crumbly. Drain.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Arrange corn chips in prepared pan and top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with jalapeños and serve.
Serves 10 to 12
Recipe from Cooking With Paula Deen Magazine
When you see something like that in your inbox, it catches your attention.
Turns out Swedish band The Stuff released a covers album titled ‘Frog Bouquet’, which happens to contain “Father Christmas” by The Kinks.
Perfect to get us in the mood for Thursday, although the frog question never gets answered.
Check out The Stuff on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.