The occupants of the man cave would not approve of that cartoon.
However…Man Cave Nachos…
Whoa! Very high approval rating.
These Man Cave Nachos are the ultimate in snack decadence.
Think poutine crashes into nachos. Fries, little franks and jalapeños are piled high and smothered in a creamy, cheesy sauce laced with Guinness stout.
Make a big batch for the man caver in your life or to dig into while watching the big game on TV. You’ll definitely get high scores.
1. Slice each little frank in half lengthwise.
2. Spread the fries and franks evenly on a baking sheet. Top with jalapeños.
3. Bake at 350℉ for about 30 minutes or until the franks and fries are golden.
4. Spoon Guinness sauce over the “Nachos” and serve warm.
Guinness Cheese Sauce
2 Tbs unsalted butter
3 Tbs flour
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup Guinness beer
2 tsp yellow mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Hot sauce, to taste
12 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
2. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
3. Slowly whisk in the milk and beer. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
4. Add the mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the cheese, a small amount at a time, whisking until it is completely melted before adding more. (This will ensure a smooth sauce.) Season with salt and pepper.
Recipes from Oh Bite It!
Man caves are cool, but my favorite Cave would, hands down, be Nick.
‘Give Us A Kiss’ was released in September to coincide with the premiere of Nick Cave’s documentary “20,000 Days On Earth”.
It’s musical perfection as only Mr. Cave can deliver.
“You’re still hanging out in my dreams,
in your sister’s shoes and your blue jeans.
Ah give us a kiss.”
Check out Nick Cave on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming world tour dates and buy the music.