And who knew that the pancake staple Bisquick could work so well as the crust in a Taco Casserole?
It did and it does. That thin crust is topped with taco flavored beef and a layer of cheesy sour cream. Bueno.
2 cups Bisquick mix
1/2 cup cold water
1 lb ground beef
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 Tbs chopped onion
8 oz taco sauce
8 oz sour cream
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
Optional garnishes: salsa, chopped tomato, snipped basil, cilantro leaves, pickled jalapeños
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Combine Bisquick mix and water, stirring with a fork until blended. Press into bottom of lightly greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake for 9 minutes.
3. Cook ground beef, green pepper and onion in large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat. Drain.
4. Stir taco sauce into beef mixture. Spoon over crust.
5. In a bowl, combine sour cream, cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over meat mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.
6. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Cut into squares to serve with garnishes, if you like.
Recipe from Cooks.com
C’mon with me. We’re Wading In. Into the weekend, that is, with The Ocean Party.
Check out The Ocean Party on Facebook. You can pre-order the new album ‘Soft Focus’ here. Also, the band will be playing at the Pre-CMJ Showcase in NYC on October 20th. Get tix here.