Q: What are twins favorite fruit?
Pears and blue cheese are a classic combination. The sweetness of the fruit pairs (pears!) perfectly with the salty cheese. Add pasta, sausage, spinach, a bit of cream and some crunchy almonds and you have an elegant, delicious and different dinner.
8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
2 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
2 medium pears, sliced
2 cups fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, divided
Toasted sliced almonds
1. Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into large crumbles. Add pears; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Drain rigatoni; add to sausage mixture.
4. Add spinach, half-and-half and 1/4 cup cheese; cook 3-4 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
5. Top each serving with remaining blue cheese and sprinkle with almonds.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Nothing makes me happier than hearing a song for the first time and falling head over heels in love with it.
‘I Don’t Dream’ is the debut single from London-based band Freddie Fiction.
I love the mysterious masked singer’s lovely voice and the haunting lyrics.
Check out Freddie Fiction on Facebook, where you can keep updated on when their music will be available for purchase.