There are so many fantastic flavors of chocolate bars out there these days. I picked up this Peppermint Crunch bar produced by Vermont’s Lake Champlain Chocolates and chopped it up into a tried and true cookie dough recipe.
Cool, crunchy and fabulous. Can’t wait to work my way down the candy aisle.
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 oz mint chocolate candy bar, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375℉
2. Beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
3. Beat in eggs. Add vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
5. Gradually add to butter mixture.
6. Stir in the the chocolate chunks.
7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes, until golden brown.
Furniture Girls is a new band from Seattle. Their first EP, “Dreams”, is out this week. They will also be releasing a second EP, “Chaos”, in the second half of 2014.
‘killbabykill’ is a slinky, kind of ominous tune. I love the singer’s voice and the discordance of the music.
“I forgot how it feels to have much and still need more
I would trade anything just to get back to before
All the world fell to chaos around us in a blink
And it didn’t leave much time to plan or think”
Check out Furniture Girls on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.