Caramel and Cheetos?
I’m always on the lookout for interesting things to make.
Well, Caramel Cheetos fits that bill.
It has all the flavors I like…Salt, sweet, cheese. I had to give it a try.
On a very strange level, it works. The caramel stays crisp and the Cheetos stay crunchy. Definitely worth making for your next gathering to intrigue your guests.
The Caramel Potato Chips are even better though. Turns out I bought the wrong sized bag of Cheetos and had already made the full quantity of caramel. I had some potato chips on hand so decided to pour the remaining caramel over those.
The potato chips really highlight the salty/sweet combination. So good.
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 (20.5 oz) bag of Cheetos – “crunchy cheese flavored snack”
1. Preheat oven to 250℉.
2. In a large pan, mix sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat and add baking soda. Stir until light in color and foamy.
4. Pour Cheetos in a large bowl. Pour caramel mixture over the Cheetos and stir, coating each piece. Transfer to a large baking sheet.
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Potato Chips (I used the ridged type)
The caramel from the Cheetos recipe
1. Follow the directions for making the Caramel Cheetos
Damocles by powerhouse singer-songwriter, Foxhunting, is on my current running playlist. I find myself hitting replay over and over. What a voice, what a cool song.
Check out Foxhunting on his Website, where you can learn of some upcoming gigs in Aberdeen, Scotland. You can also link to buy the music on a name your price basis.
Definitely click the listen tab on the website so you can check out the other brilliant songs by this remarkably talented lad.