I saw this quote today.
“I was feeling bold but then I lost my b.”
Ha! Yep, that about sums up my feelings on this dreary Monday.
That is where cheerful, lemony muffins come in.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with just the right balance of lemon to poppy seed. Not too sweet, but topped with a light glaze that makes them irresistible.
Good enough to get that ‘B’ back.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Ingredients for the muffins:
2 cups flour
2 Tbs poppy seeds
1¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
8 Tbs unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup yogurt (plain or vanilla)
Ingredients for the glaze:
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1-2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
3. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Stir briefly to combine.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Mix in the lemon zest and the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, mix in the dry ingredients in two additions alternating with the yogurt, beating each addition just until incorporated.
5. Divide the batter between the prepared liners, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. While the muffins are still warm, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl to make the glaze. Drizzle a small amount of the glaze over each muffin. Let the glaze set before serving.
Yield: about 12 muffins
Recipe from Joy Of Baking via Annie’s Eats
I thought I would play a Bold song. Turns out, I don’t have one that springs right to mind.
But, I do have a really good song from Timesbold.
“You can’t tell it like it is if you can’t tell it like it is without asking.
You can’t tell it like it is if you can’t tell it like it is without explaining.
You can’t tell it like it is if you can’t tell it like it is without complaining.
You can’t tell it like it is if you can’t tell it like it is without drinking.
You can’t tell it like it is ’cause there ain’t no like it is. ”
Check out Timesbold on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.
I really liked that song, Tricia. It was insistent and hypnotizing. Good stuff :)