Just when I thought I had seen it all.
If I had that doll as a child, I would have been scarred for life.
She would have been right up there with my other Irrational Fears that I wrote about here.
No, psycho laughing dolly would not have me laughing a lot.
However, I did smile when I made these over the top, buttery, chocolate studded cookies.
A cookie on top of a cookie. A black and white version of chocolate chips. Jumbo Yumbo.
Brown Butter Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookies
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and add butter. Whisk constantly until brown bits appear on the bottom (about 5 minutes), then remove and let cool completely.
3. In a large bowl mix cooled butter with sugars and whisk until completely smooth. Add egg and egg yolk, whisking until combined. Add vanilla.
4. Separate the dough into 2 portions, approximately 1 cup each, and place portion into a bowl.
5. To one bowl of dough, add 1 cup of flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix until a cookie dough forms, using your hands if necessary. Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Set aside.
6. In the second bowl of dough, add remaining flour and baking soda, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt, mixing until a cookie dough forms. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
7. Roll both doughs into 12 balls (about an inch thick) so you end up with 24 balls. Pull each ball apart with your fingers. Take one chocolate chip half and one double chocolate half, placing the round ends together with the rough edges out. Place dough, rough-side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are a little soft in the middle and golden on the edges. Let cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies
Recipe from How Sweet It Is
How about a session track by Veronica Falls to accompany your cookies?
Retro, catchy. Sounds like a happy number until you absorb the lyrics.
Veronica Falls-Wedding Day (KEXP Session)
Check out Veronica Falls on their Website where you can also buy the music and learn upcoming UK/European tour dates.