I am so ready for a party. I am so NOT ready for my Porch Party as of right now. Baseball games, lacrosse, May Fest (!!), band concert tonight, orthodontist appt this morning, piano lessons, the “furnace guy”…oh yeah, I see dollars bleeding out of my eyeballs….I need to be in my kitchen!!
Enough whinging. Here is a really wonderful cookie recipe. Make it and relax.
In the end, I always get things done. I just wish it was Saturday and it was all done but for the partying.
Salted Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 Tbs butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
72 (about) Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Kisses
Sea salt to sprinkle
1. Preheat oven 325℉. Line baking sheets with parchment.
2. Melt chocolate and butter together. Cool to room temp.
3. Whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt in medium bowl.
4. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate and flour mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight (dough will be very soft).
5. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Roll 1 Tbs dough into a ball and then roll in powdered sugar. Place 3 inches apart on baking sheets.
6. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press one Kiss lightly on each cookie. Bake for about 15 seconds longer or until Kiss just starts to get shiny.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle Kisses with salt.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies
Recipe from CookingClub.com
I wanted to play some party music to put me in the mood or, more correctly, just some great music to sing in the kitchen. Then Dance Party In The Balkans popped into my mind. It’s been all Alaska In Winter ever since. ***smile***
Alaska In Winter-Dance Party In The Balkans
Alaska In Winter-Staring At The Sun