Eye know….again with the cupcakes. But look at all of this eye candy! I could look at these guys all day long. If I was that French chick, Hélène Smith, I could even chat in Martian with them.
These chocolate cupcakes are really delicious with their cream cheese-Oreo filling and marshmallow icing. And those eyes!!!
Oreo Martian Cupcakes
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
8 oz cream cheese
2 Tbs sugar
24 mini Oreo cookies, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Mix cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended.
3. Spoon half the cake batter into 24 paper lined muffin cups. Top each with 2 tsp cream cheese mixture and 1 mini cookie. Cover with remaining batter.
4. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until a tester comes clean. Cool on racks.
7 1/2 oz jar of marshmallow creme (like Fluff)
16 oz vanilla frosting (save just a little to use to affix the candy eyes to the mini Oreos and the mini marshmallow)
Green food coloring
1. Combine marshmallow creme and frosting. Add a few drops of food coloring.
Assembling The Martians
Mini Oreo cookies, split, for eyes
Regular sized Oreos, split, for mouths
Black and/or red shoestring licorice
Assorted candies such as Red Hots and star shaped and circle shaped cake decorations for mouths
Candy eyes, 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch sizes
1. Ice the cupcakes with the marshmallow frosting.
2. Create your martians using the photos as guides.
Now take me to your leader….after we sing some spaced out songs.
Obviously, here come the martian martians.
Jonathan Richman-Here Come The Martian Martians
Danger Will Robinson!!!
Aimee Mann-Lost In Space
This is from Leonard Nimoy’s album ‘Spaced Out’. Erm, uh….Absolutely Spocking.
Leonard Nimoy-Highly Illogical
Cheers and don’t forget to phone home!