Waiter! Waiter! There’s a fly in my soup!
Well, that’s the last time we get the tailor to cook the food.
This is a super easy version of tomato soup that only has 4 ingredients. The best part, hands down, are the crispy little grilled cheese cube garnishes.
Chunky Tomato Soup With Grilled Cheese Cubes
1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
1 (10 oz) can cream of celery soup
1 (10 oz) can tomato purée
10 oz whole or skim milk
Grilled Cheese Cubes (recipe follows)
1. Combine stewed tomatoes, celery soup, tomato purée, and milk in a 2 quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Ladle the soup into bowls and scatter a few grilled cheese cubes on top of each serving.
Serves 4 to 6
Grilled Cheese Cubes
1 Tbs butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 slices whole wheat or white bread
1. Place half of the butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the cheddar between the bread slices.
2. Place the sandwich in the skillet and top with the remaining butter. Cook until the bottom is golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook second side for another 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bread is golden.
3. Remove sandwich from skillet and cut into small crouton-sized pieces.
Recipes from The Dinner Doctor by Anne Byrn
I’m betting that this video will be the strangest thing you watch today. Four Candles’ “brittle funk-punk/art-rock/ garage-gothic” makes for a strangely satisfying 2 minutes.